Traditional Braces, Madera CA
Braces use constant, gentle pressure, applied to your teeth over time, to move them into proper position. Your braces are at work every moment of your orthodontic treatment. While braces are available in a variety of styles, including metal, plastic and ceramic, they all have the same goal: To correctly align your teeth and jaws for enhanced aesthetic appeal and for better oral health. Now offering orthodontic treatment in areas of Madera, Kerman, Firebaugh, Fresno, Chowchilla.
Metal braces are popular with children and teens, and are smaller and more comfortable than ever before. Traditional metal braces feature two main components: the brackets that are placed on each tooth and the arch wire that is threaded through them. As the wire applies pressure to one side of the tooth, the jawbone on the other side gives way. This causes the tooth to move and new bone to grow behind it. Elastics (rubber bands) are used in conjunction with braces, exerting a constant force to move teeth. Elastics must be worn at all times and changed every day in order to maintain the proper force.
Clear Braces, Madera CA
The invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in the Madera, CA area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Mirzaeian’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Mirzaeian has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Mirzaeian about once every 4 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
If you are interested in enhancing your smile, call us to find out about the many orthodontic options that we offer!